Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vegans- what foods do you eat a lot? Also, are there any cheap vegan foods I can buy to maintain a vegan diet?

I eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, and grains. I like to splurge on non-dairy products (such as soy cheese) and vegan fake meats (such as Smart Bacon).



Some cheap vegan foods are dried beans, lentils, rice, corn, sunflower seeds, and tofu. It helps to buy in bulk.



Check out this site for cheap vegan meal ideas:



Vegan Eatin' on a Budget

http://www.tryveg.com/cfi/toc/?v=07budge鈥?/a>



Good luck!Vegans- what foods do you eat a lot? Also, are there any cheap vegan foods I can buy to maintain a vegan diet?
We end up eating a lot of soy-based foods, however even omnivores do, the just don't know it ;).



Umm honestly veganism isn't really as expensive as it is made out to be. Just get yourself some veggies, fruits, soy milk, and if need be some vegan meat substitutes and egg substitutes... In the end it won't cost that much more than a meat eating diet.Vegans- what foods do you eat a lot? Also, are there any cheap vegan foods I can buy to maintain a vegan diet?
I eat a lot of fresh fruit and fresh veggies.

I also go through quite a bit of brown rice, black beans and quinoa.



I think any type of beans are relatively inexpenseive and healthy. Brown rice is great for stir fry, beans and rice, veggies and rice and so on.

Where I live, the produce is much cheaper than animal products, so I suggest eat a lot of those.

Good luck!
With food prices going higher I decided to start growing some of my own vegetables and fruits. Some of the cheaper vegetables and fruits that I buy are bananas, onions, bell peppers, carrots, iceberg lettuce, cabbage, corn, potatoes. With the price of food said to go higher I drink less juice and more water. I make delicious smoothies. I like to cut potatoes up into small nickel sized cubes and cook them in a pan of olive oil. When the potatoes are just about done I cut big pieces of onions and throw them in the pan until their soft (yum). I make stuffed bell peppers too. I fill them with diced tomatoes, onions and/or garlic, done rice or done potatoes. Then I put them in the oven and bake them. When they are done I set a slice of soy cheese on top (yum).Vegans- what foods do you eat a lot? Also, are there any cheap vegan foods I can buy to maintain a vegan diet?
Fruit and Veggies, Breads, Pastas and Rice are all good, and are relatively cheap if you buy "in season" fruit and veggies.
Lentils are amazing, easy to prepare, and very cheap.Vegans- what foods do you eat a lot? Also, are there any cheap vegan foods I can buy to maintain a vegan diet?
Pasta, rice, beans, veggies and nuts are all vegan
  • maine weather
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment