Monday, February 20, 2012

Did you know that switching to a vegan diet is the best thing you can do for the environment?

Better than switching to a hybid car. Better than recycling.



And the food is Awesome.Did you know that switching to a vegan diet is the best thing you can do for the environment?
Yup, I did know that.



And did you know that you're most likely going to be AMAZING after making the switch if you eat a balanced diet?



:D



(I wish I had found out both of these benefits years ago.)Did you know that switching to a vegan diet is the best thing you can do for the environment?
No, I didn't know that because I've often seen how that is false. Millions of acres of grassland that cows now graze on would have to be plowed up (along with all it's associated runoff and erosion) to grow vegies that don't have anywhere near the same energy content or mineral value that meat has.



The best thing you can do for the environment is not have a kid.
The answer lies in where you are actually living and what all options you have got for a real Vegan Diet. If you are living in some places where you don't have much vegan options then I must say that switching to this kind of diet will bring more pain than good. Like, In India, as most of the people are vegan %26amp; why they are? ++Because they have availability of cheap and many varieties of veggies. Now, the same we cannot think of "Norway" ..Scandinavia or "Baltic" where the cold is inhibiting to grow many veggies.



If you really want to do something good for the environment, do it by your way rather than following one straight line. If you can turn to vegan to your given conditions (and if you have guts! to make your body tolerate) that would be great . But, if you cannot do that simply, then make other things keep going for making environment rather than eating. Now, in meat option also you can choose a better way to keep earth happy, Just look what is the source of the meat you are getting. Like always buy the "Dolphin Free" Tuna, or buy Free Range chickens..(However, they are little heavy to your pockets).



Know you body and see what it need for daily survival, you have to choose the best option you can and that's ongoing quest. You can't simply afford to fall sick by following "environmental Posters".



My suggestion is : Know your body - eat according to that in your vegan option - avoid any disease due to deficiency - Keep finding the better option good for environment alongside - and one day you will get what you wanted for environment. Do not fall prey to the standard templates and posters that are not directed towards any flexibility, like drinking milk is not that bad as "eating meats". There is no harm in eating flesh when it comes from the "environment safe" methods. I an Indian Myself, and I have been to the countries where you cannot simply survive w/o meat. Now, I cannot call them "Careless" for environment just because they are not vegan. They do the best what they can in their given situations. And that's what is required than following Straight-Nose -Line.



There are five rules as per my research: see your:

Pocket

Place

Physical Needs

Availability of things

Realistic approach



You see, you can do the best for environment, but you have to make yourself Living for that, not by falling sick. Eat Vegan, if you can in your place. If not, find alternative way to soothe environment.Did you know that switching to a vegan diet is the best thing you can do for the environment?
That's really cool. I know I only eat free-range chicken and turkey, and I eat a lot of soy, too. I don't think I could handle being a vegan though because I really like dairy. But if every one at least stopped eating as much meat I'm sure that'd help a little.
Um, not really, the best is if you grew and raised your own food. Plus, if you are not careful when on a vegan diet you can do a lot of harm to your body.Did you know that switching to a vegan diet is the best thing you can do for the environment?
no the food really isn't awesome...its actually pretty nasty :( i tried to be a vegan only made it about 2 months.
No, my gastric juices tell me that a nice juicy steak goes down much better than a nut cutlet and bugger the environment.
Yes, I have been vegan for almost a year.

I got much better than before not only in physically but also mentally.
Why, yes, I did know that. Thanks. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment