Sunday, February 26, 2012

Going vegan from an unhealthy diet? I love steaks and terrible greasy fried foods that are derived from animal

products ... i have a terrible lifestyle, consume a lot of alcohol and other chemicals and I'm still very thin. I don't consume a lot of calories - rather my diet mostly consists of smart ones tv dinners and canned soups, and I eat fast food about once a week or once every two weeks. I want to detox my system and start getting healthy, but I think it's going to be hard to go vegan. Mind you, it's not a politically oriented decision because I believe in the concept of the food chain and eating other animals, but I know it's a tremendously healthy diet and I need some tips to help me change my lifestyle. Anyone have any insight?Going vegan from an unhealthy diet? I love steaks and terrible greasy fried foods that are derived from animal
Go buy the book Skinny B**ch. It will tell you in a no nonsense way how to convert from awful eating habits to a vegan lifestyle. I am reading it now =)Going vegan from an unhealthy diet? I love steaks and terrible greasy fried foods that are derived from animal
A vegan diet can be unhealthy, too. You want to be sure you're not replacing your meaty junk with veggie junk. I think winenut has a point--you might want to start eating less fatty foods, working your way down to vegan so it isn't as much as a shock to your system.



And frozen dinners and canned soups are ridiculously high in sodium! You're going to have to learn to cook, my dear, whether or not you go vegan. "Skinny *****" will list some fabulous vegan convenience foods that will help with your transition. But you can't base a diet off those foods. You need to eat your fruits, veggies, grains, beans, and nuts.
I had your problem. o;

Heres a solution:



Alcohol: Shoprite + Walmart sell GOYA Malta.

It's delicious. It's alcoholic, But they DO have a NON-ALCOHOLIC version, and it tastes just as great! (It will be printed on the bottle in blue, 'NON-ALCOHOLIC)



Also, If you're craving some wine, ALDI'S sells Non-Alcoholic Wine! I have yet to try it. [:



It goes for about 2, Maybe 3 dollars, But is in a regular 'Wine bottle' and decorated nicely. [:



Also, you can ask your local Supermarket or Gas Station if they carry Non-Alcoholic Beer.





Greasy foods? %26gt;_%26gt; Thats ew anyway. [:

If you want to fry your food, Try using:

Peanut Oil, Olive Oil, or Canola oil. They're healthy, and pretty cheap at certain stores. I Go to ALDI's and buy Canola Oil. It's about $2. [:



About the meat. Chuck it! There are so many ways you can get the savoury flavor of your beloved foods without the cholesterol!



BOCA BURGER, AMY's And YVE'S Sell a variety of Non-Meat dishes, 'Meats', And Breakfasts and so much more!



www.BocaBurger.com

www.Amy's.com



Though I'm not sure about the Yve's site, They do sell Yve's dishes in walmart on the side of the produce section. [:

(Most walmarts are designed the same)



Amy's also sells 'TV Dinners' That are ALL Organic! They are very lovely.



If you're craving some steak, Grab some Tofu!

People say it is nasty by itself, And I agree- but it can be quite delicious with the right cooking and seasoning. [:



I buy my tofu at Walmart and Shoprite, on the side of the Produce Section. If you can't find it, just as someone who works there. [:



You can get recipes at

www.VegWeb.com

If you're not satisfied, Just Google: ' Vegan Recipe Sites '

[:



I really hope this helps you!



By the way, Please be sure to get all of your vitamins and minerals.



Stay Healthy!



Peace and Love %26lt;3Going vegan from an unhealthy diet? I love steaks and terrible greasy fried foods that are derived from animal
I see no reason to swing the pendulum so far the other way. How about simply changing from bad fast food dinners or prepackaged junk from the freezer to a baked chicken breast, steamed vegetables and some brown rice? None of those types of things require a lot of cooking skill and are far healthier than what you are currently doing.
just do it slowly so you can get used to it . . . try cutting out the bad foods and switch to leaner meats and fish and more vegetables and then ease into not having meat, but using beans and lentils and tofu for your protein. it doesn't have to be an overnight decision and if you aren't sure you even want to be a vegan, there are ways to still turn your life around and feel better.Going vegan from an unhealthy diet? I love steaks and terrible greasy fried foods that are derived from animal
It sounds like you have a wonderful life. Why do you want to turn into a loser?

No comments:

Post a Comment