Monday, February 20, 2012

I have a vegan diet but still wear leather, but its second hand so what category does that put me in?

Technically that makes you a strict vegetarian, since vegan refers to lifestyle as well as diet.



However, if you're talking to a waitress about what to order for dinner, go with vegan, or they won't know what the heck you mean.I have a vegan diet but still wear leather, but its second hand so what category does that put me in?
Meh, if I were you, I'd just tell people I eat vegan. That's true. You eat vegan, you just happen to not BE vegan, in that you make use of animal parts in other areas of your life. If people question your label, tell 'em to bugger off.

Edit: You're also thrifty/frugal for shopping secondhand.I have a vegan diet but still wear leather, but its second hand so what category does that put me in?
Hypocrisy.



The issue is not with whether or not you purchase it but condone the use of it, which wearing does even if it's given to you as a gift.
Being vegan means taking every effor to not wear, support or consume any form of animal products or biproducts. So the fact that you wear weather makes you no longer a vegan. You are just an extreme vegetarianI have a vegan diet but still wear leather, but its second hand so what category does that put me in?
That's a bit weird if I'm honest..



If you give money to someone who's going to wear leather, you're fuelling the leather production. You don't want that, do you?
I'd say "you eat a vegan diet" but you're not quite a "full vegan"



If your leather is purely secondhand, that could be a different storyI have a vegan diet but still wear leather, but its second hand so what category does that put me in?
If it's that important to you to have a label, just call yourself a dietary vegan.
Second hand or new it makes you a hypocrite.
Pretencious
Do you really need a label?
Why do you feel you have to label yourself?
You are who you are, a person who has a certain diet they want, and wears what they want. ITs guilt free cause there is nothing to feel guilty for.



I agree, stop labeling yourself.
Being a vegan in my opinion is not quite healthy. Be a vegetarian, not a vegan.
sensible
  • translator french to english
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment