Monday, February 20, 2012

Vegans! Do you just eat a vegan diet or follow a vegan lifestyle?

There is a difference. I am just wondering because I am in the process of converting to a full vegan lifestyle, starting with my diet, and later converting with other aspects of my life (stuff I wear, use, etc).Vegans! Do you just eat a vegan diet or follow a vegan lifestyle?
I follow a vegan lifestyle to the best of my ability. My clothes, cleaning supplies, and personal care products are vegan, but it's impossible to be a "perfect" vegan because animal products are everywhere.Vegans! Do you just eat a vegan diet or follow a vegan lifestyle?
I just follow a vegan diet....I'm actually eating raw vegan for the next three months.. I became a vegan primarily for the health benefits.



It's hard enough to eat 100% vegan, let alone live 100% vegan. I admire the people that do, it takes a lot of dedication and passion....but it's not the lifestyle for me.



I was a vegetarian for a long time before I went vegan. I quit meat, seafood, most dairy and eggs...and haven't had any since...



So when I switched to veganism..I only had to cut out butter and cheese...which was really difficult for me!!



Good luck with the transition!





=)
Hello. I've been a vegetarian for three years, and recently I've been trying to make the switch to vegan. I had already cut out eggs for me, so just the dairy that would be hard, especially because I love cheese.

So since I have not been vegan even for a week, I am not sure if I should be answering this question, but I will try!



I am sort of in the middle. I try to do some of both. I try not to wear leather, and usually I don't. But that is about all I do, besides the diet, of course. So I am not sure if you'd consider that a vegan lifestyle too.



Good luck!Vegans! Do you just eat a vegan diet or follow a vegan lifestyle?
I've been a vegetarian for 14 years. During the last few years I've started transitioning into a completely vegan diet and lifestyle. When I became a vegetarian I quit eating meat cold turkey and never looked back.



However, I found that going vegan wasn't as easy and I had to come up with a different approach. I decided to change one thing at a time to make it seem less overwhelming. It was very difficult to remember all the "new rules" of being vegan so I made it easier on myself and decided to make one major change as a new year's resolution every year until I had completely changed my life.



So far, it's working very well. For example, a few years ago I decided to stop purchasing anything made with leather. As a fashion lover it was a big change for me. I still wear the few leather things I own. I see no reason to throw them out but I do not add any more leather to my wardrobe. For me this was a really big deal.



Another year I decided that I would stop buying cleaning products and personal hygiene products that are made with animal products or tested on animals. This year, I decided to stop buying any animal product foods (milk, cheese, eggs, honey) from the grocery store and to learn more about vegan cooking. Since I cook almost all of my meals this was a big change for me. I am happy to say I don't miss milk or eggs at all. The cheese is a different story. To make it manageable, I still allow myself to order something with cheese at restaurants every once in a while.



Living a cruelty free life is important to me but I knew that if I made these changes all at once I was setting myself up for failure. This way, by making changes over time, I know that they are permanent. One of the nice things is I keep picking up momentum because all the changes add up. It is getting easier and easier to make new changes. I haven't decided what this year's resolution will be but I put a lot of thought about my budget, my social life, my shopping patterns, and my sense of ethics into all of it.
i was raised vegan, then vegetarian, then i ate normally for a period of time. im back to eating vegan and for the most part i dont really follow the "vegan" life style. i just eat vegan, and usually dont tell many people either. a lot of people think its kind of weird so i tend to just keep it to my self.Vegans! Do you just eat a vegan diet or follow a vegan lifestyle?
I only seriously follow a vegan diet, as I went from vegetarian to vegan for health benefits. But I also would never buy fur, and only wear leather in shoes, I prefer products not tested on animals, and don't buy/use products made with animal ingredients.
I do the lifestyle as well.
  • watch weeds season 7
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment