Sunday, February 26, 2012

How long will it take for a meat eater to get habituated to vegan diet?

I switched to a vegan diet over a month ago from being a meat eater and it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I was fine from the get go, I educated myself before I started, knew what I could and couldn't eat, researched a balanced vegan diet and I love it. I took to it from day one, haven't had any struggles whatsoever.How long will it take for a meat eater to get habituated to vegan diet?
I would start just as a vegetarian for a few months and get used to not having meat, then phase out of dairy products by drinking a lot of soy milk.:)How long will it take for a meat eater to get habituated to vegan diet?
Some members of my family manage to eat vegan six days a week, and turn into carnivores on the seventh day.
Well, I guess it depends how much you really like meat! I stopped eating meat a couple of months ago, and for the most part I don't miss it at all. I am mostly vegan but I have eaten some foods that may have milk or egg added. However, I haven't actually eaten an egg or drank milk since that time.



I find that if you have tasty foods to replace the meat you're used to eating it's easier. It's also easier if you can avoid places you used to enjoy meals with meat in them. I find it hard because my family still eats meat, but most of the time I'm okay. I think it would be a LOT easier though to live with only vegetarians or vegans!



I think over time though, you just get used to not having it and you stop wanting it!How long will it take for a meat eater to get habituated to vegan diet?
it was a piece of cake for me, I went vegan over night and I had no complications or cravings.

first week went by

second week went by

now it's been about six months.



I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since I hear all the time how it's "so hard" to give up animal products and they end up caving in. it all depends on the person. if you are interested then you should just try it.
It varies hugely depending on many factors--the person themselves, their views, their reasoning, their environment, etc. Personally, it took me less than 3 months to completely change to veganism, while for others it can take years before they decide to make the switch.



That all relates to how long it takes to decide and adopt veganism. To actually get used to it, it doesn't take long at all. Maximum of a month, and that's assuming the person loved meat. I would guess somewhere from a few days to a week.How long will it take for a meat eater to get habituated to vegan diet?
There is no time frame; it is the state of mind.
The honestly answer: It only depends on your body, spirit and mind also health because if you are a heavy hard meateater , you might want a step at a time. Don't listen to nobody or veggies that say you are not veggie unless you stop eating meat. Look at me...I really didn't listen to them when I first ate fish. I had to eat fish to have some meat in my stomach and let my body knowing I will take time to stop it later . Don't stop like that fast for anyone, it will not be health. You will regret it if you do it for other. Just do it for yourself. I did it because I want be whole natural and it makes me so happy to know I did it accomplished. I still am in progress to be veggie. because I still eat fish sometimes, but yea I am veggie. You don't have to be perfect. I can promise you that some veggies even vegan sneak to grab a bite or drink of animal products then lectures to other veggies that they are not supposed to do that. SIGH! that why I don't listen to them...NOBODY IS PERFECT , really. JUST in progressing... Take all time you want , noone is rushing you. they just on computer . eat what you can and if you ready then go ahead ask doctor for what you need in diet.



REMEMBER IT NOBODY CAN TURN IN VEGAN OVERNIGHT AND STOP ALL ANIMAL PRODUCTS COMPLETELY , IT TAKES A LOTTTTT OF PRACATICES
It's not a race, it's a journey. There is no set answer, it is whatever is healthiest and whenever they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment