Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vegans, eould you feed your children a vegan diet?

Fair enough with vegetarian children but I completly disagree on children being vegan. Imagine them going to a birthday party with a cake and they can't eat it because it has eggs.



I am vegetarian and I do understand vegan views. I just don't think it's right to force extreme beliefs on a child.Vegans, eould you feed your children a vegan diet?
Yes I would. I believe a vegan diet can be a very healthy contrary to what other people think. Before becoming vegan, I thought it was "extreme." I couldn't imagine that there would be much left to eat without animal products. But I proved myself wrong. There are a ton of things vegans can still eat! Vegetables. fruits, whole grains. legumes, nuts, and seeds. The combinations are.....PLENTY. My only concern would be B-12 which we only need very little of. But I can get either supplement or easily get fortified cereal or other fortified foods.



Cake? I just bought my dad a vegan cake from wholefoods yesterday for his birthday. I can also bake really good vegan cakes. There are vegan alternative to almost anything.



Isn't it our job to to raise our kids with the same important principles we value? I don't believe in hurting animals...I will teach my kids the same. How is that extreme??? Its our job to guide our children and teach them good habits. Once they grow up and move out...its their choice how they want to live,



"It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for individuals during all stages of the life-cycle including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood and adolescence and for athletes."





"Children who are raised on whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and legumes will have a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and many obesity-related illnesses compared to their counterparts raised on the average American diet. Because of this, they will also tend to live years longer."Vegans, eould you feed your children a vegan diet?
I would allow them to go to parties but leave it up to them to decide whether they eat the cake or not.

It is not a question of forcing extreme beliefs on a child but giving them the best possible start in life.

Some people still have the misunderstanding that a totally vegan diet cannot be healthy. This is totally wrong. It is the healthiest diet there is if followed intelligently.
I am a vegetarian. I don't have any children. If I had a children I would give him/her the choice. They can eat what they want. The fact that I am their mother doesn't mean that "I own them".
Sorry, I replied but I am not e vegan!Vegans, eould you feed your children a vegan diet?
you think its unfair for a child to be healthy and conserve the natural life on earth?



thats just like if someone said you were being unfair for not letting your kid eat a happy meal
If the child doesn't want to be a vegan they should be let to be what they wantVegans, eould you feed your children a vegan diet?
Chips are nice :) not with bovril so:/
I agree with you.

I'm a vegetarian as well and I don't think it's fair either.



Especially when the child is growing, how do you expect a child to be healthy if they're not getting the nutrients they need to grow? The child will probably end up very sick.



Parents should wait until the child is old enough to make their own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment