Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can anyone suggest a good vegan diet to me?

Where do I get my protein from?Can anyone suggest a good vegan diet to me?
MYTH: "Vegetarians get little protein."



FACT: Plant foods offer abundant protein. Vegetables are around 23% protein on average, beans 28%, grains 13%, and even fruit has 5.5%. For comparison, human breast milk is only 5% (designed for the time in our lives when our protein needs are as high as they'll ever be). The US Recommended Daily Allowance is 8%, and the World Health Organization recommends 4.5%.



MYTH: "Beans are a good source of protein."



FACT: There is no such thing as a special "source of protein" because all foods -- even plants -- have plentiful protein. You might as well say "Food is a good source of protein". In any event, beans (28%) don't average much more protein per calorie than common vegetables (23%).



Here is what I usually eat

b.fast-fruit and veggie smoothie with rice protein and flax seed oil



snack-nuts(almond,pumpkin,sunflower,et鈥?br>


lunch-beans and rice



snack-bowl of raw veggies or fruits or a salad



dinner-I'm lenient with my dinner,I usually try and cook something new or interesting,Or try and make something from a cookbookCan anyone suggest a good vegan diet to me?
Along with all the above mention proteins, you will find that tofu is quite delicious when cooked in your favorite Chinese sauces. There are also many vegan fake meats in the freezer and refrigerated section (often by the vegetables).



If you are still concerned, go to your local health-food store and have the clerk recommend a vegan daily vitamin. There are several to choose from, and they also have all the proteins and vitamins meat-eaters love to claim we do not get.



If you ever feel you are out of things to eat, just make old, meat-eating recipes you are used to, while substituting anything you can't eat. The first time I ate a "beef" taco I was so happy because it didn't occur to me I could still make those.



You can also use regular cookbooks and substitute when needed.



Enjoy!!Can anyone suggest a good vegan diet to me?
good carbs (brown rice, beans, legumes. kidney beans have the b12 vitamin that all omnivores are so concerned that we are all deficient in. whole grains) veggies, fruits. soy. almond/rice/soy milk. multi vitamin. water. :) gotta work with what you gotCan anyone suggest a good vegan diet to me?
Well I can suggest a great web cite that will help you learn more about the vegan diet. www.veggie123.com. It has info on nutrition and the like.



As for protein I would suggest grains, bread, pasta, tofu, fake meats, and beans. All are healthy and tasty.



And if you need some good recipes try www.vegweb.com



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment