Monday, February 20, 2012

I just started a vegan diet and i'm never hungry?

I have been vegan for only two weeks and have pretty stop eating, because I am not hungry. Is this normal? And will it get better because I don't want to mess up my body. Give me some advice please.I just started a vegan diet and i'm never hungry?
Strange... The same thing happened to me when I went vegetarian a bit over a month ago, and I know I haven't been getting that much fiber. I still eat though cause I don't want to starve my body. I also have a lot of stress and depression though.I just started a vegan diet and i'm never hungry?
omg, i so did the same exact thing, for the first week and a half after becoming vegan i just didn't want to eat at all, i was losing weight like crazy because i was barely eating, it was horrible. it made me feel like crap, and i was really weak, then eventually some things started to sound appetizing again so i started eating again...i don't really know what to tell you just try to find something that sounds good and go eat it lol.

I would also make sure your on a vegan multivitamin because when i first went vegan i was also having a vitamin deficiency problem to....

Eventually you'll get the hang of it and it will be okay, i promise!
No, that's not good. You need to be eating enough calories to sustain your body whether you are vegetarian or not. It could be that you're getting more fiber and feeling fuller. How are you feeling otherwise? The not being hungry is a symptom of stress and depression, so I really hope that it's something else going on.I just started a vegan diet and i'm never hungry?
No, it's not normal. They are two separate issues. Regardless of what your diet is, you should not stop eating. A sudden decrease in food consumption is unhealthy. If this continues much longer, go to the doctor and get yourself checked out.
Maybe you are eating too many carbs, those would keep you full for longer. Carbs are not bad by any means, they have a lot of protein most of the time. I would say that it is normal if that is the case. Make sure you are also eating lots of fruits and veggies!I just started a vegan diet and i'm never hungry?
You stopped eating...that's not normal. If you don't like what you're choosing to eat, that can definitely make you lose your appetite.

Find some good recipes, or see a doc. You are making the situation sound extreme...
Not having an appetite is fairly common in the vegan community. Try to force yourself to eat some wholesome carrots. Wholesome carrots are known for restoring your appetite and curing most ailments.
thats not shocking. i'm not vegan but i am vegetarian and i know that vegetarian suppliments are made with soy and other products that are more filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment