Thursday, February 23, 2012

How to explain a gluten free vegan diet in Bosnian?

I'm on vacation. I arrive in a few hours and am starving. I think I'm gonna have a problem...



How can I tell the server I don't eat wheat/gluten and no cheese or meat???? If you could write it out with correct spelling, that would be cool. I could always show him if I don't master the phonetics.How to explain a gluten free vegan diet in Bosnian?
You could tell them in very simple terms:



Molim vas bez glutena. (No gluten please.)

Alergi?an sam na p?enicu i gluten. (I'm allergic to wheat%26amp;gluten.)

Ja ne jedem meso ni sir. (I don't eat meat and cheese.)

Ja sam vegeterijanac. (I'm a vegetarian.)



The pronunciation pretty much follows the spelling, because it's a phonetic language: one letter per sound. Show them the text to be on the safe side.

It's the season of fresh fruit%26amp;veggies in Bosnia - you'll love the taste of it!How to explain a gluten free vegan diet in Bosnian?
According to wikipedia, bosnian, serb and croatian "were treated as one Serbo-Croatian language" until recently, so although the site I'm suggesting doesn't have specific bosnian restaurant cards, as it does have both croatian and serb ones, these may be useful.



Go here, the cards are free, you just download and print them at home: http://www.celiactravel.com/restaurant-c…

No comments:

Post a Comment