Monday, February 20, 2012

Living out a VEGAN diet?

Will i experience any changes physically when i start my vegan diet? I know my cholestorel level will lower. I don't mean to be nasty but will i experience changes in going to the bathroom. Since i have always lived on meat I don't know what to expect.



Thanks.Living out a VEGAN diet?
actually yes, but all positively. Now i experience that when i go to the restroom i feel i guess more cleansed than when i ate meat. I get what you are saying, you may lose weight but it will be balanced back at a healthy rate. You will want more food more, but you should eat more small meals over a few big meals. Always have snacks on hand, you may crave meat, but you can cure this craving by having foods that have strong taste, like spicy foods, salty, and just plain tasty, this will not only distract you but cure you of your cravings. You can always get a substitute, in which my biggest crave is bbq! I eat gardenbugers veggie riblets to cure my cravings. Cravings are perfectly natural some awkward some just common, this may sound weird but i actually craved celery out of nowhere! so good luck, also stop by vegcooking.com to get great recipes for sincere motivation!Living out a VEGAN diet?
Yes, you will experience changes. Not just physically, but mentally as well. It really is a lifestyle change and I think you will enjoy it.



I would suggest going to a vegetarian diet for a few months (or at least a few weeks), and then transitioning to vegan. This will be significantly easier to manage since it is in "baby steps" rather than plunging in head-first.



You may experience changes in your bowel movements because you will have a way higher fiber intake than before. You will become more regular and probably be a little gassy for the first few weeks while your body adjusts.



Try checking out some books, such as "Becoming Vegetarian", or "Being Vegetarian - For Dummies". Also, pick up some Vegan cookbooks to help you get started in the kitchen!!



Good Luck, and you are making a great choice for the health of yourself, the planet, and the animals!! 鈾モ櫏
Make sure you balance your diet with enough vitamins and amino acids (nuts, different kind of oils). I am vegan for almost a year and in the beginning I had problems with my hair, they looked very dull and totally horrible and even started to fall out. But after initial period this problem disappeared, I lost weight, my mind started to be clearer and I feel totally great. By the way, it's very true about meat being a leading cause of cancer. That's basically the reason why I become vegan, after reading one book called "Chinese study" where the author based of his 30 year experience conclude that if you don't eat meat you have way less chance to get this horrible decease.

Plus as a bonus, being Vegan you will start(have too;) eat way more diverse and interesting then before when you eat meat, figure out soo many great things you never even tried before. I am totally happy I decided to become vegan and I hope you will as well:)

Good LuckLiving out a VEGAN diet?
yes yes yes your body will craved meat likje never before
When I first went veg, my monthly migraines did diminish somewhat. They're not as bad as they used to be, but I still get them. And I know when I'm eating right by what goes on in the bathroom, to put it politely. If you eat more fiber--and more beans--you will notice changes in your bathroom habits. Check out "Skinny *****"--it has a short chapter on this very subject.



If you have a family history of high cholesterol, it may not change much, but if you don't, you should have some improvement.Living out a VEGAN diet?
My sis is a vegan and I am vegetarian NOTHING happens!
I became vegan after being vegetarian for years. I didn't experience any changes, except that I lost a bit a weight. I was eating more fiber...and I don't think that constipation is something that affects most vegans :) unless you are living on pasta alone...



For some reason, I became a happier person. I would wake up happier, I had more patience.



What you need to do is make sure that you are getting everything you need. I would think that going ovo-lacto vegetarian for a couple of weeks might help you ease into it.



Find some good recipes online, ask questions and when you need support, find it, there are lots of us out here.



It's a great feeling, good for you.
Every person is different, You shouldn't experience anything serious except maybe a few extra puffs might come from behind you. LOL. I'm so proud of you for becoming a vegan. From meat eater to vegan, that says a lot about you!
In my own experience.... I did notice physical changes after I became vegan (several years ago)

- you'll lose weight at the begining because your body will lose the animal fat inside... this will continue until your body gets used to the new metabolism. After a month or so it will adjust and you'll have your ideal weight... after that you'll notice that you weight becomes really stable... I can eat lots of food (and I do) without worrying for my weight...

- Without animal fat my skin became much more healthy... that's how I find out if a meal or product I have is really vegan... because after I eat it, the morning right after I'll see the consequences on my face. Any small amount of animal fat shows up like acne and grains... I'm a human animal fat detector.

- I feel more active since I became vegan. After lunch at work all my colleagues ask for 'time out' for digestion... some even fall sleep... me on the other hand... like the energizer rabbit....

- Your body needs much less energy to process greens than meat and you'll notice... in your digective activity... (they say that a vegan working with a hammer consumes less energy than a person sat in a table eating a steak).



Note: in my case I've been lucky because my body accepted the vegan diet with no problem. But I've seen and know cases of people that on the other hand got many physical problems and had to return to non vegan diet.
Yes, you'll experience changes but they will be good ones. You will probably become more regular pretty quickly.
To be honest, your digestive system will thank you.



Meat actually is a leading cause of colon cancer as it tends to STAY in your bowel and rot for years and years.



High fiber fruits and veggies, on the other hand, will pass right on thru. ;)



Check out this artcile: http://www.inteldaily.com/?c=120%26amp;a=1314

No comments:

Post a Comment