Friday, January 27, 2012

Tips for a healthy weight lost on a vegan diet?

I've been vegan for a while. But how would I lose weight healthily on a vegan diet?Tips for a healthy weight lost on a vegan diet?
I'm amazed at how many people think being vegan = being thin.

You can certainly be overweight as a vegan.

here are my tips for you:



Keep your diet balanced. Make sure you are eating protein/carbs and fats in a healthy amount (you might want to research the ratios).

Don't rely heavily on starches; for example, limit pastas and if you eat bread do not eat more than 2 slices a day (also, stick to whole grain or sprouted grain).

Don't eat junk- stay away from anything that comes out of a box (unless it's rice or a grain). No chips, crackers, cookies etc. (at least not daily).

Limit your fat intake. Yes, healthy fats are great but you can gain weight if you eat too many.



Focus on fresh veggies every day in addition to some fruit.

Try to keep your diet as clean as possible and avoid processed food (even soy products).

Try a protein smoothie a day as one of your meals.

No snacking past 8!

If you want, create a "cheat day" where you splurge only one day a week. The rest of the week, track your calories, eat clean and no junk, sugar or high-carb foods.



Good luck.



Oh, and most importantly, get that body moving at least 3 days a week!Tips for a healthy weight lost on a vegan diet?
Your going to obviously have to work out. If you are eating right being vegan then you should feel motivated to exercise. I know I feel great when I exercise, because I have such a great diet to go along with it. Stay away from high fructose corn syrup, sugar and fatty things.
Hm, I would imagine you'd lose weight being vegan. You should have most fatty foods cut out of your diet by being vegan. I could only suggest regular exercise, that's the best method for weight loss, carnivore or herbivore.Tips for a healthy weight lost on a vegan diet?
Cut out gluten, it makes you gain weight like crazy!



Also, have you ever heard of the raw food diet? You lose weight very quickly and easily.
I would imagine vegetables are the answer



I swear, I eat more veggies than most vegetarians ;)Tips for a healthy weight lost on a vegan diet?
Go for whole foods over processed.

Lower your sugar intake.

Exercise.
Here is the biggest thing (in my opinion): watch the carbs. I tend to replace meat with pasta, that can cause weight gain.
try not eating sweets i lost 20 pounds that way
I can't see how it's possible to be overweight and vegan. You cut out EVERYTHING from your diet except like, lettuce. So what is the problem? As PETA puts it, "Meat and dairy make you fat!", Huh, odd. I'm not fat. Neither are my friends who aren't Vegetarians.



Maybe you should exercise?
  • hibachi
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment