Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Is it possible to gain weight on a raw vegan diet?

I just started a raw vegan diet and I feel like a bottomless pit. I am so used to feeling guilty after i eat a lot of food, but on this diet I am eating so much (because I am always hungry) Is it possible to over eat and gain weight on a raw vegan diet. I am not monitoring my calorie or fat intake on this diet. Please only answer if you are educated on the matter. Thanks!Is it possible to gain weight on a raw vegan diet?
Yup. :) careful.Is it possible to gain weight on a raw vegan diet?
Yes, it is possible to gain weight on a raw, though a lot more difficult than on a conventional diet.
It can difficult to supply sufficient carbohydrates in your diet when you go raw, primarily because raw plants contain a lot of fiber you cannot digest, while having a fairly low digestible carbohydrate content, which is why you are always hungry.

It would be a good idea to start monitoring your calorie intake, at least until you are sure that you know how and what to eat to avoid starving yourself. Eat a lot of fruits, including bananas and avocados, to make sure you're getting the nutrients you need.
Yes, but depending on your previous diet, you probably have to consume greater quantities of food to get the same number of calories.



As an obvious example, you would have to eat eight cups of celery to get the same number of calories as you would get from half a cup of ice cream. So if your food is lower fat and less nutrient-dense, you need to consume more food than you might be used to.



Just keep an eye on your weight, and start monitoring your intake if you start gaining.Is it possible to gain weight on a raw vegan diet?
Hello, my name is Catherine I'm 17 and I've been on and off a raw vegan diet for about three years.

This is my second longest stretch of staying raw (about three months).

I did gain a little weight while being raw, I wasn't counting calories, and I was making and eating all of those fancy raw recipes with loads of nuts, grains and oils. Every other time I've gone raw, I've either lost weight or maintained my weight (I'm naturally thin). However, my mother lost 100 pounds being regular vegan then hit a plateau, became a raw vegan, and lost/ is losing the rest of her excess weight. We both eat every two hours and both eat veggies like crazy (like bottomless pits, lol), but we do limit the fancy recipes. I hope this helps you :)
Eat alot of nuts, protein bars, protein shakes. As well as eating a ton of green vegetables and alot of fruits.Is it possible to gain weight on a raw vegan diet?
Yes it is possible.

There is only one way to gain weight. Consume more calories than you burn. Maybe you should start monitoring your caloric intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment