Friday, January 27, 2012

Approximately how many calories are in an average non-whole food vegan diet?

I'm vegan, I'm working on losing a little weight, burning approx. 4500 a week by cycling, and really I'm just too busy to count calories. I don't want to decrease my diet, but I will increase my exercise if neccessary.Approximately how many calories are in an average non-whole food vegan diet?
I'm not sure anyone could answer that. Everyone's calorie needs are different, and if they're not attempting to alter their eating habits, a healthy person tends to eat just the amount of calories they need for the work they put out. If you're burning 4500 calories a week by cycling, you're probably gonna lose weight if you're not pigging out on high fat junk food. 1 pound of fat equals 3500 calories. So, if you're burning 4500 calories on top of your basal metabolic rate, and consuming a healthy amount of calories, you should lose about a pound a week, which is a healthy, sustainable weight loss. Most dieticians say that 1-2 pounds a week is ideal, as anything over that is hard to sustain in the long run and tends to be gained back. This calculator will help you calculate your BMR and your BMI if you're interested.Approximately how many calories are in an average non-whole food vegan diet?
Honestly, there is no average calorie count for a vegan diet, or any other diet. I know it sucks to have to count calories, but I would just say if you're going to be eating a little more junk food, cycle on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment