Friday, January 27, 2012

Tips to switching to a vegan diet? How was your experience?

I want to make the switch to a full vegan diet, with maybe one day of the week that I can eat meat. Some tips would be helpful (: Should I just quit cold turkey on my eating habits now and just go straight for vegan? Or should I add more and more vegetables until the meat is pretty much out altogether?



How was your experience with this? What should I expect? I heard you could get acne or sick from your body detoxing.Tips to switching to a vegan diet? How was your experience?
I would say start slowly substituting meat out.



This makes more sense, in a general sense (obv. depends on individual circumstances). As you replace meat and find more options and variety of food to eat, you should automatically want to not want to eat meat and then you can go 100%. It should be automatic, not forced.Tips to switching to a vegan diet? How was your experience?
I would just go straight to full vegan, none of this meat-one-day-a-week thing. It'll only take your body a couple of weeks to adjust, and you may not even notice the adjustment - everyone's different.



Telling people you're now a vegan, and still being seen eating meat will only cause confusion and make people decide either you're not properly committed or you're a hypocrite - which is where all the meat-vs-vegan arguments stem from.
I wouldn't go gold turkey as you'll probably find it really hard and come to resent veganism...but do it one stage at a time. Slightly less meat each time, slightly more variety. Have a vegetable-based meal with a bit of meat on the side instead of a meat-based meal with a few veggies on the side...

Veganism is pretty hard to do but you'll get there! And it forces you to be more creative with recipes and the dishes you cook which is very rewarding...mmmmmmmmmmmmmTips to switching to a vegan diet? How was your experience?
Yea you might get headaches and initial acne when you start. The initial acne is just the dirt you already have inside coming to the surface and ultimately leaving the body.



I think it is best to go hardcore vegan right off the bat. Stick to it for a few months, then slowly add some less healthy vegan snacks.
I went from a meat eater to a vegan abrubtly. I wanted to see if i could be vegan for a month, as a challenge to myself. I stopped cold turkey. You may get a little bloating, if your body cannot digest beans or tofu properly. Just make sure you are getting your daily protein. It is not as hard as some people sayTips to switching to a vegan diet? How was your experience?
I would say slowly to make it easier on you. And type in "meet your meat" in Youtube. That'll help motivate you and help you realize the wisdom in the descision you've made, especially if you're an animal lover.
A relief.

Just start immediately, no point making out meat is important or anything more than a junk food item.

No comments:

Post a Comment