Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What is the best reason not to compromise your vegan diet?

I believe there are reasons, some of them good in which it might not be immoral to compromise ones vegan diet and occasionally eat diary, egg, or honey, often times hidden in products at potlucks, dinner invites, cafeteria food, air plane meals, after church snacks, etc. However there may also be good reasons to suffer through such events and situations. What in your opinion would be the best of the reasons not to go ahead and compromise.What is the best reason not to compromise your vegan diet?
I just really don't want to. Not even tempted to.



I know the realities of the egg industry, frankly 90%+ of eggs come from battery hens, and even free range or cage free eggs have no real federal guidelines, the hens could still be packed beak to rear in a warehouse somewhere. If you can buy the eggs in the store, odds are overwhelmingly against the egg being cruelty free. Since I can't guarantee the source of the egg or whether the cruelty endured justifies getting to eat eggs, I won't eat it.



As for dairy, I don't think it's normal to consume dairy products. I find it revolting and creepy to imagine an adult breast feeding off of their mother still, and yet people nationwide consume gallons of milk from a mother of a totally different species - a cow, and they eat the flesh of that mother that nourishes them, and then the industry responsible takes that mother's child and cages it for weeks so that it remains tender and juicy, kills it and sells it as food and people eat that child as well... I mean seriously, if you take a step back it sounds absolutely ridiculous and freaky to me. If I replace the species involved with humans and aliens or monsters it'd be like a B-rated horror movie.



Plus I know about conditions on dairy farms, and once again I can't verify whether the animal was treated how I feel it deserves to be treated - and odds are it didn't. Unless it's me or someone I know that owns the cow or chicken providing the eggs or dairy, there's no way to be sure of what they were fed, how they spent their lives, of just how squalid the living conditions were.



It's like - if you don't know exactly what you're putting in your mouth, and how it was made start to finish, why would you? Especially knowing that odds are it is probably something you wouldn't WANT to put in your mouth, that if you actually saw how it was made on a factory farm commercial level, and thought about it, you'd gag at the very smell of the product.



That's how I am with beef because I saw an actual cattle farm, and that smell is burned into my mind so much that it overwhelms the scent of sizzling steak... it smelled like ten thousand backed up toilets, rampant rot, and old blood (which smells very metallic and weird). I'm actually wondering if I can do a similar undercover thing for a large scale commercial dairy or egg farm, to be honest, because though I believe in what I have seen and heard from others, nothing gives me the power and satisfaction that accompanies actually seeing it myself and knowing I was right all along. Nothing concerns me more than people who are so convinced that it's all propaganda that they'll deny it even on their death beds, but they themselves have not been inside and seen commercial suppliers. We are not talking about ma and pa ranches and dairies that commercials are shot at, we're talking about who supplies 80-90% of chain store supplies, the stuff that most of the nation relies on.What is the best reason not to compromise your vegan diet?
First off- I dont eat dairy, but I do consume honey ( I have a thing against process sugar- product of the slave trade and all) and I do consume eggs ( I have a gardening allotment that has the friendliest chickens).



Having said that, my vegetrian diet keeps me healthy, unclogged and not subject to stomach cramps and diarrhea. That's enough to keep me stuck with salads, rolls, grilled veggies, fruit and fruit salads and non dairy made sweets. Which is to say, quite a bit!
It would be a crying shame if you spent so much time making sure these things weren't in your food...Then one day you just stop caring.



It is no compromise for the animals. Thing of the veal cow, with its shaky legs that can't hold it up in the slaughter line. Think of the chicks with their beaks seared off, and the dead bees that float in honey (which they puke up) before honey is strained.



If those things aren't enough, you should have never been a vegan in the first place.What is the best reason not to compromise your vegan diet?
would give a whole to meaning to the term party pooper now wouldn't it....



I have not yet figured out a lady like way to barf in public so I chose not to..



I believe that you are making a wrong assumption...why should we who chose to eat normal and healthy be expected to compromise and eat garbage which will make anyone sick and pretend that it doesn't....





would you use that reasoning with someone who is allergic to peanuts?
i did have a friend who was vegan for 10 years, but after a year of working 10-14 hour days heavy labour, where he was having to eat 3 full size dinners a day and was still loosing weight and feeling tired, in desperation he started eating dairy and eggs again and his weight and energy levels stabilised. he could have done it with lots of nuts instead probably, but could not afford to.What is the best reason not to compromise your vegan diet?
i can't compromise my vegetarian diet (not vegan though, just thought i'd answer anyway)....thinking of eating real meat makes me nauseous, lol. so i guess you could say it's in the best interest of my health (because if i ate a hunk of chicken i would certainly puke).
1. Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I'm really looking forward to my Samosas. I don't want to ruin my appetite.



2. I can't eat that potato salad because it has egg yolks and I'm allergic.



3. Thanks but no thanx, I don't eat this late in the day.
When it comes to the consumption of dairy products, it's easy. I just imagine the gastric distress I would be suffering for the following 36 hours. It makes temporary hunger seem like a picnic by comparison!
Compromise is unethical when it comes to non-vegan foods.
I wouldn't want to start throwing up.
When you get older and wiser, you will wish you had the strong bones of someone who had calcium and vitamin d from dairy products. But at least you'll have a bunch of friends in the vitamin d osteoporosis line.



This is of course hypothetical. Because no vegans will have weak bones. Right?



The next fad will be "bread" only diets.
  • national tire and battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment