Monday, January 30, 2012

Will a raw vegan diet help me too lose weight?

I want to go on a raw vegan diet, but I'm worried it might make me fat. Is there such a thing as too much fruit? Will too many fruits make me fat due to the high sugars found in fruits?Will a raw vegan diet help me too lose weight?
If you've been eating the standard American diet (SAD), you will lose weight simply by switching to a healthy plant based diet. I lost 50 pounds by switching and maintaining this diet.



A raw vegan diet can be only 75% raw. I suggest you eat some cooked food made from whole plants and totally avoid all commercially processed foods. I reached a point where my weight stabilized after a 50 pound loss. I'm just beginning to cut back of my intake of fruit.



To lose fat weight at this point, I must start a weight training program using free weights. The calories consumed to build muscle is about 7 times that of fat. Muscle also tones and burns excess calories.



You are on the correct path. Avoid commercial foods. Eat a balanced whole plant based diet. Perform aerobic exercise. Get on a free weight lifting program to tone and slim.



The most popular diets that restrict calories are ineffectual over a period of 3-5 years. The Atkins diet is also ineffectual.



Check out "Body for Life", but make sure you make it a vegan diet. Substitute legumes and whole grains for his recommendations about animal protein consumption. Animal proteins are damaging to the human body. Whey protein and other supplements can be damaging to your health (T. Colin Campbell).Will a raw vegan diet help me too lose weight?
I don't know much about raw diets, but I do know this: You can lose weight eating what you currently do. It's all about portion control. Calories in versus calories out. Eat less, move more. Eat the majority of your calories earlier in the day. Eat like a king in the morning, a queen in the afternoon, and a peasant at night. Avoid sodas and junk foods. Keep your calories at or above 1400 a day to keep your body from going into starvation mode.



If you want more tips, e-mail me.
...sugar doesn't make you fat. Eating more calories than you burn makes you gain body fat. Fruits and vegetables have low calories, therefore, you're more likely to lose weight unless you eat a lot more than you currently do, eventually you're going to need a lot more than you do right now if you want to stay a raw vegan, I know, I've tried, and am still trying(though admittedly I have 0 will power, right now wondering how I managed to go vegan).



Edit: Wow, I'm amazed at all the people here who know about 80/10/10 raw vegan and support it, I used to be pretty much the only one who mentioned it in my yahooanswers answers, maybe I could have stuck with it if I had more support. Got a bag of grapes in the fridge, think I know what I'll be having for breakfast. ^.^Will a raw vegan diet help me too lose weight?
I'm with spitfire. A vegan diet is a lifestyle choice, not just a way to eat. You should do research as spitfire suggested. If your heart is not into the vegan choice, it may be hard to follow.

If you are looking to simply lose weight; reduce your intake of junk food; eat in moderation. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied -- most skinny people eat this way. You will most likely eat more frequently throughout the day and smaller portions this way.

And exercise in moderation; get enough rest.

Check with your doctor if you have any health considerations before dieting.
The raw food diet isn't a fad diet to help you lose weight, its a lifestyle choice to purifying your body and bringing balance to your life. Don't think of losing/gaining weight but giving your body the best nutrient to live a healthy and long life with dignity. You seem to have many misconceptions about fruits and sugars. I think you should do some research and learn the difference between the sugars in fruits and veggies and the sugars in highly processed foods (i.e. junk food).





Here are some resources:

http://www.treeoflife.nu/support-tools/a鈥?/a>

http://www.rawfoodlife.com/

http://www.living-foods.com/Will a raw vegan diet help me too lose weight?
Yes you can try vegetarian diet,Vegetarian diet won't put fat easily as compared to meats and other non-vegetarian diets.Along with that you can also take Core cleanse which helps in detoxification and loosing fat.I tried with Core cleanse and it really helped me to loose fat easily and quickly.http://www.coloncleanse.net/corecleanse.鈥?/a>
Raw will never make you fat. You will lose weight if you go raw! I did, 20lbs, When foods have not been heated past 115 F. you will not kill the living enzymes, you get all th eenergy and minerals from the food that you are soposed to. Not only will you be taking in less calories but exersizing will be so much easyer with all your new found energy! Here are some articles about losing weight with raw, GET YOUR RAW ON!!



http://www.rawpeople.com/index.php?optio鈥?/a>
When you shop, choose nutritious foods based on these four simple rules:

Avoid partially hydrogenated oil.

Avoid high-fructose corn syrup.

Choose a short ingredient list over long; there will be fewer flavor enhancers and empty calories.

Look for two or more grams of fiber per 100 calories in all grain products (cereal, bread, crackers, and chips).
There is no such thing as too much fruit. Fruit is our ideal food. Our body prefers glucose and fructose as a fuel. Fat loss is effortless on a fruit based low fat raw vegan diet. Water and fiber found in fruit fill you up. For information, read rogerhaeske.com, rawvegan.com, 30bananasaday.com, foodnsport.com
You are worried that it might make you fat? Is your weight good right now? And what are your reasons for wanting to go raw/vegan?



I sincerely hope that you have researched your decision. If you have not, then please do before you drastically change your diet.
Not necessarily. The main reason why people lose weight or gain weight is because there is a drastic change in their diet(this usually lasts for about 1-2 weeks), however with proper nurtition(remember to take protein) and exercise you should lose weight.
All bad things you've heard about fruit are false. All! Sugar is only bad when it's refined. Our bodies run on carbsFruit has the exact proportions of carbs, fat and protein that we need.
Raw will not make you fat, because there isn't much sugar in fruit compaired to cooked sweets like: cake, candy, cookies, etc.
just no
yes too much fruit is bad for you because of the sugar.

a raw vegan diet probably wont make you fat if you're thin to begin with. if you're fat to begin with it wont necessarily make you lose weight. my weight is the same as it was before. im not very thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment