Friday, January 27, 2012

Can a vegan diet help you lose weight?

I've been a vegan for about a week now, so I haven't had time for a lot of results. But are there any medical statistics out there that suggest that a vegan diet can help you lose weight?Can a vegan diet help you lose weight?
I don't know of any official statistics, I only know that I became a vegan and lost a significant amount of weight over a long period of time (longer than one year). This is probably because I used to have a lot of cream in my coffee every day, and a lot of cheese. However, you can also be an unhealthy vegan. Some of the "pretend meat" products are high in salt and fat, fried foods (like veggie tempura, french fries, and deep-fried tofu) still have fat even if they're vegan, and snacks like potato chips, soda pop, and beer are still as fattening as always. So the best thing to do is not only go vegan (which is great for animals and the environment), but also go HEALTHY - get plenty of fibre, fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains, real fruit juice (not just "beverages" from concentrate that are mostly sugar), lots of water, etc. You might also consider a vitamin B complex as a supplement, or a multivitamin (check for a vegan brand). And everything I've ever read about weight loss in my entire life also says to exercise. There's no way around exercise - it's so important for your bone density, mental health, energy, muscles, circulatory system, etc, etc, etc! GOOD LUCK and don't be hard on yourself. Even SMALL changes for the better can really add up in the long run.Can a vegan diet help you lose weight?
Exercise and diet.



This simple combo will make you lose weight. You may have to play with the right combo, but I lost about 22 pounds, quickly after I found the right combo for me.



If you eat vegetables and fruits tho, don't smother them with mayo, or salad dressing or butter or things like that. You won't lose much that way. I ate everything plain. It wasn't my idea of tasty cuisine, but I was more interested in losing some lbs rather than taste. It worked.



Drink a lot of cold water too.



Now I afford myself a good meal once or twice a week, but no more than that.



People need to learn that you eat to live....not live to eat.



Luck to you.
it doesnt help you loose weight it is actually harmful if you dont do it right....you need to make sure that you are still balancing out your diet with protein and not neglecting any of your other needs...i gained weight when i went through my veg phase...because i wasnt taking care of myself i would look for a vegan website so that you can get food ideas...tofu is a mustCan a vegan diet help you lose weight?
Being an informed Vegan can be a very healthy way to live - and a kinder and gentler way to eat. By the way - don't believe the hype about needing tons of protein - most Americans get too much protein! Eat some tofu, tempeh, bean/rice combo and nuts everyday and a high quality vegan diet and you will be healthy - get some exercise, too and you will look fit as well!
Hi there! Congrats on being a vegan! Besides the links I provided you with, I've never known an overweight vegan (a true vegan!)I, myself am a slender 119 (5'9" with a small bone structure) pounds. I've been a vegan for several years and a vegetarian for more than a decade and a half.Mind you every body is different and has different needs.If you don't feel well or don't have energy...something must be done to balance your diet.Balance is always the key.Take care!Can a vegan diet help you lose weight?
make sure you get protein from other foods
Personally i have got results, veg diet really helps. But eat the right veg in the right way! Steam them do not cook them. Avoid Potatoes, carrots, include cabbage and the likes
I think so Because your laying off the fat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment