Monday, January 30, 2012

Will eating a Vegan diet regulate your menstrual cycle?

Prior to the last 3 months that I have been eating a rather strict Vegan diet, my cycles had ranged any where from 35-50 days for a year following being on birth control for 6 years. My past 2 cycles have been exactly 29 days.



I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a regulation in their cycle after eliminated meat, dairy and eggs. It is the only change in my life that would seem relative.Will eating a Vegan diet regulate your menstrual cycle?
I would google a bunch of links %26amp; see if there is a correlation between eating less animal-products %26amp; a regulated menstrual cycle (heavy flow/exact dates etc etc).Will eating a Vegan diet regulate your menstrual cycle?
I don't think its the diet just that your eating better and your hormones are reacting to that. You may have added some vegan foods that add balance to the hormones like raspberry tea or flax seeds. If you had periods that were 35-50 days you might be a little older and your hormones have become more predictable certain times of the year. Try raspberry tea before you're due and it might help keep your hormones in balance. Stress also influences hormonal balance. Hope that does some clarifying for you.
Yup, same thing happened to me. After 13 years of cycles ranging from 32-40 days, my cycles have been 27-30 days for the last 6 months, which is when I got those last bits of dairy and traces of egg out of my diet.



I also don't get debilitating cramps for the first 2 days like I used to. Sweet :)Will eating a Vegan diet regulate your menstrual cycle?
im vegan but had some trouble with my period. kissed it for several months. I began consuming yogurt I made from home that I buy from a vegetarian cow owner, and my period came back!
Yes, you will go on menopause in 3 weeksWill eating a Vegan diet regulate your menstrual cycle?
im a new vegan and ive noticed it helps a bit
Mine never changed no matter what diet I am on. But then I am a male.

No comments:

Post a Comment