Friday, January 27, 2012

When one's body is adjusting to a vegan diet, are there any noticeable negative side effects?

About a month ago, I adopted a vegan diet. Before that, both meat and dairy were huge parts of my diet. I didnt have any easing in period, and just completely quit eating animals and animal products literally overnight. I figured I might have some short-term negative side effects from drastically changing my diet so quickly, but I haven't noticed a thing, good or bad. Is it normal for people to not experience any changes as I did?When one's body is adjusting to a vegan diet, are there any noticeable negative side effects?
I had absolutely no negative side effects. I found that I immediately felt better after eliminating dairy and eggs. I had been lacto-ovo veg for years before, though. I found that I felt much better in over all health being vegan.



My daughter became vegan over night as you did and found no negative side effects either. Any noticeable side effects (like "regularity" for one example) were and still are positive!



I would say that it is within the realm of normal not to feel any side effects at all. I would not have expected anything negative, but not feeling any different is not a bad thing unless you were having problems before that you had hoped would clear up.



Enjoy having a "clean" system and not contributing to animal cruelty in any way! Congratulations for making a fantastic choice!When one's body is adjusting to a vegan diet, are there any noticeable negative side effects?
As long as you are getting all the nutrients you need, I can't imagine why you would experience any problems. I have been a vegan for about 7 months now, and I haven't noticed any negative side affects either. I don't know if the two are related, but my insomnia went away when I switched to veganism. But maybe that's because being vegan gave me a clean conscience ;) When one's body is adjusting to a vegan diet, are there any noticeable negative side effects?
As with any change in diet, for better *or* worse.



I got a few stomach aches andnd basically a bit of IBS when I first went on the vegan diet. I did it overnight and it's quite a change when you've been drinking milk all of your life, so it's to be expected. Two weeks later and I was beginning to feel better than I did before.When one's body is adjusting to a vegan diet, are there any noticeable negative side effects?
One month... you won't notice much unless you are doing some very high level type of exercise, something competitive. High level athletes can tell the difference between one meal and another, and one day to the next. For me, I changed my diet while doing bicycle racing. I notice a huge difference in performance the next day after cutting meat out of my diet. In two weeks, I noticed other things too, my acne disappeared. I then noticed I could think faster and more clearly to the point that my thoughts were just reeling... I was awake all night just with reeling thoughts. I needed less sleep when I eventually was able to sleep... I just had such an increase in energy levels -- it was fantastic. But if I was not doing such high levels of exercise... the changes were take much longer and would be far less noticeable. Some changes took almost a year or more for me to notice. Such as my taste buds... took over a year until I could eat foods that were not covered in salt, sugar, sauce, etc. and I could actually taste and enjoy plain foods which I before thought tasted very bland or flavourless without something put on them. for flavour. Also, over the next years, my eye colour changed, from a very dark brown, to a brighter green/hazel.



From talking to females, their periods get so much better, and not only that, but cramps and mood swings etc. are almost gone completely. If you talk to people from other countries where they eat pretty well, such as in Japan, you will find that all those female problems that are so common in N. America, mood swings, cramping, feeling horrible, bloating, too much blood flow, strange smells and discharge, and on and on and on... it's so rare that my Japanese female friends either have never experiences such things, or have never heard of such things, or experience such things to such as lesser degree... such as having such symptoms to a far lesser degree for a only a day or two, when I hear from N. American females of feeling like crap for two weeks or more per month. Some even three weeks per month -- that's one week a month they feel okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment