Monday, January 30, 2012

Can a vegan/vegetarian diet help with recurring gastroenteritis?

I've been diagnosed with gastroenteritis 4 times this year and I'm starting to wonder if I has anything to do with my diet. I'm out and about a lot so I don't have time to cook at home for myself. Could a vegetarian or vegan diet help correct this?Can a vegan/vegetarian diet help with recurring gastroenteritis?
Yes. Enjoying the wholesome goodness of carrots will help with recurring gastroenteritis and will also cure most ailments.Can a vegan/vegetarian diet help with recurring gastroenteritis?
It helped me a lot. After I'd given up meat and fish, I feel way more comfortable. Had gastroenteritis too, and gastritis - now I never get any indigestion and feel way better in general.

P.S. i've been vegetarian for more than 3 years
I don't know. What's your current diet? Is a large part of it meat? That could be the problem. If you're eating fast food, especially burgers, you are getting way too much animal protein and fat. That could be the problem. Only get a burger three times a week. Get a salad the other.



I'm not quite sure if the new diet will help. When you make the switch, your body is getting used to the high amount of fiber, and you will be very gassy for the first few days. However, you will get used to it.Can a vegan/vegetarian diet help with recurring gastroenteritis?
I had IBS really badly before I made the switch, and it definitely helped a lot. The only way to truly keep it down though (for me) is to keep to a "whole foods" diet. To do that you would have to make a lot of your own meals yourself, so I'm not sure if this would be a solution for you because you would end up having to eat a lot of things like; french fries, veggie burgers, cheese pizza, and junk food. Unless you live in a bigger city, vegetarian options (other than a salad or bruschetta) are pretty lame at restaurants. If you currently eat a lot of fast food or greasy food, than cutting out that stuff will DEFINITELY make your stomach happier.

If you do make the switch, and eat beans, avoid canned beans and soak dried ones yourself. Soak them for 24 hours, draining and rinsing them well at least 3 times in that time period, and cook in boiling water for one hour. If you do that beans will not make you gassy or bloated.

Maybe you should add what type of food you currently sustain yourself with, I know veggies from the nightshade family can be hard on some people, and many people develop a dairy allergy later in life and it really screws with their stomach (and mind; since you wouldn't expect it to make you sick, if it never did before). Also you could look up a diet called "elimination diet, and food challenge", I did this to finally kick the IBS out the door for good.
Yes a vegetarian diet could help a great deal but you don't have to go totally vegetarian. Learning about proper food combining can help a lot.

If you combine foods in your stomach wrong you can have horrible digestion problems.

I learned about food combining from the Natalia Rose books Her first book The Raw Food Detox Diet is a good one to start with. Also Susan Sommers has a few books on proper food combining too that are pretty good too.Can a vegan/vegetarian diet help with recurring gastroenteritis?
I don't know much about that

but it helped me with problems like my heart burn

(which helped my ulcers since there wasn't a ton of acid causing them).



Vegan might help more than being vegetarian though.

Dairy and stuff is tough on the stomach.
It surely couldn't hurt
http://cookingfunfood.blogspot.com
Sure
I had irritable bowel syndrome for years and years and since going to a vegan diet and eating a lot of raw foods my IBS is practically nonexistent. I think most gastrointestinal problems are caused by diet, so see what works for you, but I would heartily suggest veganism.
Well yeah of course it can =)
Yes, it can, but you would be better off doing an elimination diet to find out what your triggers are. Many times, the cause of gastroenteritis is hidden or undiagnosed food allergies-often to wheat, soy, or corn. If you go veggie without identifying your trigger allergen, you may end up worse off, since most veggie diets replace meats with things made from wheat, soy, and corn. I suffered terribly with GE for most of my life, but after going gluten free, vegetarian, and avoiding other triggers, my GE and other chronic health ailments cleared right up. Try keeping a food journal for a few weeks to see what may be causing it-keep in mind that some foods do not show symptoms for 3 or 4 days after you consume them, which is why people sometimes don't chalk up symptoms to food. ANY GI issues should be addressed with diet. Good luck-hope you resolve it.
  • unique baby boy names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment